I have been involved in three extensive research projects on Swedish minor cinemas funded by the Swedish Research Council: Swedish Experimental Cinema (2006-08); The Stockholm Film Workshop and the Cultural Politics of Minor Cinemas (2010-12) and The Cultural Practice of Immigrant Filmmaking (2013-2015).
A selection of recent publications on minor cinemas:
1. Hellre fri än filmare: Filmverkstan och den fria filmen. Lund: Nordic Academic Press 2014. Co-authored with LG Andersson.
2. A History of Swedish Experimental Film: From Early Animation to Video Art Eastleigh/Stockholm: John Libbey/KB, 2010. Co-authored with LG Andersson and A Söderbergh Widding.
1."Spaces of Becoming: The Stockholm Film Workshop as a Transnational Site of Film Production", Transnational Cinemas 6: 2 (2015). Co-authored with LG Andersson.
2. "A Cinema of Presence and Proximity: Gunvor Nelson’s Collage Films and the Aesthetics of the Signaletic Material before the Electronic Signal", Journal of Aesthetics and Culture 4 (2012).
3."The Cultural Policies of Minor Cinema Practices: The Swedish Film Workshop during its First Years", Studies in European Cinema 8: 3 (2011). Co-authored with LG Andersson.
4. "An Ethics of Time. Bo Jonsson and the Aesthetics of Forgetting". Nieswiadomosc i transcendenjca, Warszawa: Eneteia, 2011.
5. "The Deterritorialization of Film", Globalizing Art. Negotiating Place, Identity and Nation in Contemporary Nordic Art, eds. B M Stavning Thomsen and K Ørjasæter. Aarhus: Aarhus UP, 2011.
6. "Film Workshops as Polyvocal Public Spheres: Minor Cinemas in Sweden", Canadian Journal of Film Studies, 19: 2 (2010). Co-authored with LG Andersson.
A selection of recent publications on memory studies:
1. European Cultural Memory Post-89. Amsterdam: Rodopi, 2013. Co-edited with C Mithander and A Velicu.
1. "Stories of National and Transnational Memory. Renegotiating the Finnish Conception of Moral Witness and National Victimhood", Finland’s Holocaust: History and Silence. eds. S Muir and H Worthen. Basingstoke: Palgrave, 2013.
2."Visions of Transnational Memory", Journal of Aesthetics and Culture 3 (2011).
3."The Cultural Trauma Process, or the Ethics and Mobility of Memory", Migrating Memory: Multidisciplinary Approaches to Memory Studies, eds. J Creet and A Kitzmann. Toronto: U of Toronto Press, 2010.